Sweet Potato / Sakkaravalli Kilangu
Research shows that sweet potatoes can lower your LDL "bad" cholesterol, which may lower your odds of heart problems.
- Improving insulin sensitivity in diabetes
- Maintaining healthy blood pressure levels
- Reducing the risk of cancer
- Improving digestion and regularity
- Protecting eye health
- Boosting immunity
- Reducing inflammation
There are many uses and variations of recipes for sweet potato (sakkaravalli kizangu). Below is one such recipe you can make occasionally
As an evening snack, these can be served.
- Remove the skin from Sakkaravalli Kizhangu and chop it finely.
- A heavy bottomed pan with some water and turmeric powder is needed to cook it
- Cook Sakkaravalli Kizhangu until they are fully cooked, then add jaggery and mix well. Turn off the flame when they are fully cooked.
- You can now enjoy the delicious Sakkaravalli Kizhangu sweet.
- It is a very healthy evening snack for the children: that serves 4 people
Disclaimer: The ingredients used in the above recipes might be allergic to some. so trying them is all at your own risk.
Who are we?Veenas - the trading name of Pride Asia Food Ltd specializes in selling asian groceries and vegetables.based in Ilford, East London, we also have a supermarket in High Street, Barkingside, London, IG6 2AF. With a massive demand from our UK customers, we are now expanding the shopping experience to a whole new level. www.veenas.com - an online shop, where you can find over 25,000 products from hundreds of brands.